Peace Wall Hanging

torsdag 12 januari 2012


Hi there...
...today I made ​​a new thing to hang on the wall.


I first created the heart by simply wrinkle up some newspaper and glue it onto a paper sheet.
Then I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Hearts/Classic Scalloped Hearts.
I painted the paper with a little white acrylic paint, crackle paint and Festive Berries Distress Ink.


My letters were stamped and cut out, then I sewed them to the Black Soot Inked lace.
Behind the lace I placed a die cut who lay on my desk, cut it only in two parts.


I wrapped the gray and red twine around the heart and glued a key.
The wings are made of my new chipboard that I first glued paper from Fabscraps on.
I painted with distress ink. and acrylic paint here too, but it appears not so good after I put a layer of Crackle accents over.


Above the wings I added little pieces of cake-paper.
And finally, I pinched down a hinge clip, and in the eyelets I wrapped little red metal wire and tied some lace.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs, Birgit


Challenges:
Crafty Creations - Something New (Chipboard)
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Something New (Chipboard)
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
Lothian Crafts - Die Cuts

8 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Really love this effect! something totally different too! great job! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

craftyb sa...

Great piece of artwork - the crackle effect looks fab! Hope you can join us at Crafty Creations Challenges again soon! bx

Handmade_by_MaDe sa...

So...so...so sweet :) I love it!:)

Lothian Crafts sa...

What a super wall hanging. Thanks for joining our challenge Elaine.

Louise sa...

Beautiful piece of art work,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week
Hugs Louise xx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC sa...

Oh My, isn't this just the loveliest new year creation? I simply adore your style and choice of colors too! Thanks so much for joining us here at Top Tip Tuesday challenge and I wish you to join us all year in 2012!
Hugs and best wishes!
Tammy Louise

Unknown sa...

Absolulty stunning creation!!! Just love it!! So much beauty to gaze at! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Anonym sa...

This is absolutely gorgeous Birgit!!Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Crafty Creations!
smiles,Deena

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS