Three Squares

tisdag 1 mars 2011

Welcome, Welcome to this little Blogpost.
I really wanted to make a card for this week's Less is More challenge. And I had an idea in my head, where I was going to cut an image into squares, but I could not find a suitable image.
So I had to take my backup plan ... a stamp. Unfortunately, I chose an overly glossy paper, so it was difficult to color neatly. This was yesterday, when I slept on it, I decided that perhaps it was just nice having a bit rough style to contrast the "clean style". (Ha,ha...)
After I divided the image into three parts, I took and cut a bit at the edges, so that they would look like postage stamps.
After that I tried with Clear Embossing powder on the edges, because I wanted them to appear a bit more and give some life to the images.
But I did not think it showed so much, so I used Stickles instead.
Then I mounted them on my card, which I have printed out on my computer, with spacers ( or what they are called in English). And I could not place them as I had thought in my mind, butI think the location is pretty good after all.
It was not quite what I expected, but anyway, I am happy for all the comments that I can get.






Sweet week to each of you!
Hugs, Birgit.

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

16 kommentarer:

Mandi sa...

This is another super card Birgit
I love the layout and the squares form a picture, which is so effective
Thank you so much for your continued support. Feels like you are having so much crafting fun!
mandi
"Less is M<ore"

Vicky Hayes sa...

Such a beautiful image! I love what you've done to the edges of your squares too!

Kathyk sa...

Love your CAS card

Kathyk

Chrissie sa...

This is a little different from your usual style Birgit, but just as beautiful!
That's an interesting treatment which you gave to the squares... it seems we have got lots of people thinking!!!!
Thanks for another great submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonym sa...

wonderful card.

Suze Bain sa...

A beautiful card, I love the images.

Jane sa...

Beautiful card love the layout

Jan sa...

Fab card so elegant xx jan

Anonym sa...

lovely images the card is beautiful

Cali sa...

so beautiful and delicate card!

Stamps and Paper sa...

Love the simple lines of your card, beautiful,

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards sa...

This is so beautiful, I love how you have placed the squares

Katalytic sa...

Great idea

Jen sa...

Love the pictures, beautiful card.
Jenjoy x

Susan sa...

Super card, Birgit!!!

Aileen sa...

Love where you have placed your squares and that they form a picture. x

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS